Exploring a real game case study
1. IAP: Currency to purchase Gems or permanent upgrades in the Marketplace
2. Gem Spending
3. Ads: Banner ads can be enabled for +10% income and Rewarded Videos are offered in exchange for spinning a bonus wheel and obtaining the latest unlocked unit
Castle Fusion exhibits an excellent strategy of leveraging both ads and IAP, while also ensuring that interaction with both sources are designed to make players more engaged in the game over time.
1. The Market, players have the opportunity to watch an ad in exchange for spinning the bonus wheel and accumulating currency
2. The Forge, players can make purchases of new units for scraps or gems
3. The Workshop, players can purchase permanent upgrades
4. The Tavern, upgrades can be purchased allowing players to advance more quickly through the game
What's the advantage of offering opt-in ads?
What's the advantage of offering multiple types of currency?